A medication check-up is a service provided by our pharmacists. This service is sometimes called medication therapy management or MTM.
A medication check-up is more than answering questions when you pick up a prescription. During this service, our pharmacist will meet with you one-on-one, by appointment, to review all of your medications, including:
- Prescription medications
- Over-the-counter medications
- Herbal products
- Dietary supplementsbox.
Benefits of Having a Medication Check-Up
Medication check-ups can provide real benefits! Studies have found that people who meet with their pharmacists to manage their medications have:
- Lower health care costs.
- Fewer trips to the emergency department.
- Fewer hospitalizations.
- Fewer problems caused by medications.
- A better understanding of how to take their medications.
- Better management of health conditions such as diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart disease, depression, and blood clots.
Talk to our pharmacist to find out how a medication check-up may help you! Schedule your appointment today!